Healthcare, Human Services, Medicaid Expansion, National Issues, Press Release, Public Health, Seniors, Statement Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf released the following statement on the latest version of a health care bill in Washington:“Washington Republicans continue to ignore the concerns of Pennsylvania families and ideas proposed by bipartisan governors. The proposed cuts and caps for Medicaid continue to cause terror for recipients, including seniors, families, and people with disabilities, and are putting states financially at risk. The federal government cannot turn its back on us. These tweaks do little to address how these proposals will lead to increased costs, especially for many older Pennsylvanians who could be charged five times more for worse coverage by gutting consumer protections, even for some people with private insurance. The proposed changes have even been rejected by insurance companies.We can find common ground on fixing the individual market, as governors of both parties have proposed. Washington should abandon this reckless path and focus on fixing what isn’t working – rather than creating more problems and concerns for families and individuals, especially those most in need of our help.”Last month, Governor Wolf joined his bipartisan colleagues from Ohio, Montana, Nevada, Colorado, Massachusetts, and Louisiana to express concern over Washington’s approach on health care, particularly the prospect of deep cuts in federal funding to states for Medicaid. Governor Wolf: Washington Republicans Continue to Ignore Bipartisan Governors July 13, 2017 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
The Batesville Bulldogs sweep The South Ripley Raiders in Varsity Baseball Play.Bulldogs vs. South Ripley Game 1 (5-3)Bulldogs vs. South Ripley Game 2 (5-3)Batesville Varsity’s next game Monday Night (5-5) against rival Greensburg High School.Game time at 5:30pm at Liberty Park – Bryan Hoeing has the mound.Batesville 9-3 on season.Submitted by Batesville Coach Alex Davis.
New Delhi: Kedar Jadhav had a good time in the recently concluded Asia Cup, picking wickets at regular intervals and scoring runs at vital times. However, his omission from the Indian squad for the series against West Indies has raised plenty of questions.Jadhav, who hit an attacking 41 off 25 balls in the Deodhar Trophy match for India A against India C, said there was no communication between him and the selectors regarding his selection for the West Indies series.Read More |LIVE | Congress claims Rahul Gandhi arrested as protest against removal of CBI chief intensifies“I need to see why they have not picked me. I don’t know what the plan is now that I am not there in the team. Probably, I will be playing the Ranji Trophy,” Jadhav told PTI.In response, the chairman of selectors MSK Prasad said Jadhav was not picked due to his history of injuries. “There have been occasions earlier when he has come back fit and then broke down, a case in point being the Asia Cup last month. Actually, we were thinking that if India A (had) won, then Kedar would have got another match which would have given us a fair assessment of his match fitness. Maybe, we could have added him as an additional player (in Indian team) before the fourth ODI as the Deodhar final is on Saturday. Players need to understand that there is a process that we follow while selecting the team,” Prasad said.Read More | Imad Wasim’s Ronaldo-like celebrations take Internet by stormJadhav has been plagued by a hamstring injury in 2018. The right-hander missed the IPL for Chennai Super Kings after getting injured in the first match against Mumbai Indians. Even in the Asia Cup, he battled a hamstring injury. However, Jadhav cleared all the tests at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) and this resulted in his selection for the Deodhar Trophy.Selection issues in Indian cricketJadhav’s omission is another instance of Indian cricketers not being happy with the selection panel’s lack of communication.Players like Karun Nair and Murali Vijay had criticised the selectors for not speaking to them before being dropped from the Test squad. However, the chairman of selectors has denied the claim.The third ODI between India and West Indies takes place in Pune on Saturday. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.