Beloved folk rockers The Avett Brothers are set to release their new album, True Sadness, on June 24th. The new release sees the band diving deeper into emotional waters, with previously released singles “True Sadness” and “Ain’t No Man” leading the charge. Today, there’s a brand new tune to check out: “Satan Pulls The Strings.”The song premiered on Billboard, and Seth Avett spoke to them about the track’s origin. “‘Satan Pulls the Strings’ started as a quiet and calm Depression-era banjo song… and somehow in the studio, it blossomed into a genre that I don’t even have a name for…the frenzied yet mechanical energy of it is a first for the band.”Listen to the new single below.
The Public Works and Housing Ministry agreed on Monday to a public-private partnership (PPP) on road preservation in South Sumatra’s eastern road network. The deal is worth Rp 982 billion (US$67.3 million) and is the ministry’s first PPP deal for a non-toll road project.Through the agreement, state-owned construction companies PT Adhi Karya and PT Brantas Abipraya secured a 15-year concession for the operation and preservation of South Sumatra’s 29.8 kilometers of roads under an availability payment scheme.Availability payment is a fee structure where a public agency makes periodic payments to the private sector to provide infrastructure services of a specified standard. It is seen as a cost-saving way to develop infrastructure and ensure its quality. Read also: Corruption risk to Indonesia’s infrastructure push: ExpertsThe concession period for the consortium company, PT Jalintim Adhi-Abipraya (JAA), will be divided into a 3-year construction period and a 12-year service period, according to a project outline released by the Public Works and Housing Ministry.Finance Ministry government support management and infrastructure funding director Bramantyo Istidjoso said the project was backed by the government through the state infrastructure guarantee fund PT Penjaminan Infrastruktur (PII) and that the availability payment scheme fund would be sourced from the state budget.The World Bank previously suggested the government improve its PPP financing schemes to attract more private capital to help cover the government’s budget shortage for infrastructure.The government has also been urged to decrease its reliance on state-owned enterprises (SOE) for the execution of toll and national road projects and to allow private companies to build economically viable projects as SOEs were already highly leveraged.“We recommend the government revise its decision-making and consider whether the project is good for leveraging private financing before looking at the potential allocation for public-sector financing,” World Bank transportation specialist Elena Chesheva said.Last year, the government awarded a consortium that included the investment, consulting and management arms of Singapore’s Changi Airport a PPP to expand Komodo Airport in East Nusa Tenggara.The project, the first PPP for airport development, is expected to attract more tourists to Labuan Bajo, which has been designated a priority tourism site by the government.Read also: Private sector infrastructure funding needs boost as SOEs overleveraged: World BankTopics : Public Works and Housing Minister Basuki Hadimuljono said he hoped the PPP scheme would boost the reliability of contractors and the quality of roads, after the poor performance of a contractor on the ministry’s West Sumatra eastern road network.“We aim to provide good infrastructure quality for economic activity,” he said in an online press briefing on Monday, adding that the PPP scheme was expected to improve transparency.The National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) has estimated that the country will require $429.7 billion in infrastructure investment, equal to 6.1 percent of GDP, between 2020 and 2024.The private sector is expected to provide most of the financing, while the government and state-owned enterprises (SOEs) are expected to contribute between 19.2 and 21.7 percent each.
“They are doing this for the love ofIloilo City,” he said. Contact tracing has started, he added. For 15 days beginning yesterday,residents here will be treated to free pandesal. The patient is a 59-year-old male fromMandurriao district. He is hypertensive and diabetic. “Angimportante makalampuwas kita sini nga dala naton tanan nga mga Ilonggo. When we get through this, hopefully, no one will be left behind,”said Treñas./PN Peoplecan catch COVID-19 from others who have the virus. The disease can spread fromperson to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth which are spreadwhen a person with COVID-19 coughs or exhales. Thesedroplets also land on objects and surfaces around the person. Other people thencatch COVID-19 by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes,nose or mouth. The city government has transformedbarangay daycare centers as community kitchens to feed people during thequarantine period. “Please, ang akon ginapangayo gid sa aton mga pumoluyo, kon pwde man langmagtinir kamo sa inyo balay, magtinir kamo,” said Treñas. As to the possibility of extending theenhanced community quarantine, the city mayor said the city government isstudying all options. CHECKING THE CHECKPOINT. Iloilo City police director Police Colonel Eric Dampal checks a quarantine control point in Barangay Balabago, Jaro, Iloilo City. The metro is on an enhanced community quarantine to stop the spread of the coronavirus disease. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN Treñas said the patient is confined ina hospital. Observe social distancing and wear facemask,he added. Treñas lauded the three home-growncompanies for their “sense of bayanihan.” “Maymga private doctors nanawag sa akon kay may mga concerns man sila. Malantaw ko anay sang ila recommendations. I don’t wantto make a decision which is not science-based,” said Treñas. “Ginhawata ka pangita paagi makakita masks and cannedgoods. Ginapadul-ong naton sa aton kabaranggayanpaagi sa aton barangay officials,” said Treñas. Treñas also confirmed that the city’ssecond COVID-19 confirmed case – and the region’s 11th case – a 72-year-oldmale from Mandurriao, died on March 21. Treñas announced recently that throughthese community kitchens thousands of pandesalwould also be distributed. Angelina Bakeshop would bake the pandesal. The city government woulddistribute the bread. This new case – also Western Visayas’34th COVID-19 patient – had close contact with the city’s second COVID-19patient, according to Treñas. Three companies are joining forces toproduce the popular bread so no one would go hungry. Over 40,000 pieces of “Ilonggo pandesal” would be baked and distributeddaily, according to Treñas. The enhanced community quarantine isset to end on April 14. Treñas assured residents the citygovernment would be giving them provisions while on home quarantine. The Uygongco Flour Mill volunteered toprovide flour while the Carlos Uy Corp. would supply the other neededingredients. Will the enhanced community quarantine in Iloilo City be extended? Mayor Jerry Treñas says he is studying all options. PHOTO BY IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN ILOILO City – This city has recordedits fourth confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). This is alsoits first local transmission of the disease. Wary of more transmissions, MayorJerry Treñas once again appealed to residents: “If possible, stay in yourhouses. Don’t leave your houses.”
The France international struggled to settle in during his first 18 months after arriving from Paris St Germain for £18million in the summer of 2013. He made 24 appearances in his first season but never really looked comfortable and this campaign started even worse as he walked out of Anfield after not being selected for September’s Merseyside derby and then sustained a thigh injury which sidelined him for three months. However, since returning in mid-December he has been a virtual ever-present, missing just five matches with another injury, and has made a noticeable improvement. The 25-year-old puts much of that down to him learning English. “Do I finally feel happy at Liverpool? Yes, I feel good. The most difficult thing has been the language,” he told L’Equipe. “I am a man of strong character so when I can’t express myself I am always frustrated, and if I cannot make myself understood it is even worse. “Some people said that I should be speaking French and that would allow me to release the tension a bit, except that when I spoke in French on the pitch nobody understood what I was saying. “I said to myself: ‘This is useless – I really must learn’. It took time but now it is very good.” Sakho has put his fit of pique ahead of the first derby this season behind him and is grateful fans appear to have forgiven him also. “I said sorry – it is all over,” he added. Press Association Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho admits getting to grips with the English language changed his fortunes on the pitch. “In England the supporters don’t hold a grudge. In France, especially, it was talked about a lot negatively.” While Sakho is back in his homeland preparing for international friendlies against Brazil and Denmark club-mates, Daniel Sturridge and Adam Lallana are back at the Reds’ Melwood training ground after injury forced them to withdraw from the England squad for a Euro 2016 qualifier against Lithuania and friendly in Italy. Lallana never reported for duty after coming off with a groin injury at half-time during Sunday’s defeat at home to Manchester United. Sturridge attended the national training base at St George’s Park where he underwent a scan which revealed a hip problem and as a result he was sent back to his club. The pair will be monitored over the next week but Press Association Sport understands Liverpool are hopeful both injuries are not serious and both will have a chance of being fit for the trip to Arsenal on April 4, a match which now has even greater significance in the wake of the United defeat which damaged their top-four ambitions.